February 22, 2016
Dr. Stamas’s Son, Paul, Accepted into Marquette Dental School
Paul knew by the time he was in first grade that he wanted to be dentist – just like his dad. As a child, his parents took him to dental conventions in Chicago. “I think those conventions helped spark my interest in becoming a dentist,” he remembers. His dad, Dr. Tom Stamas, and his love for dentistry and education motivated Paul to achieve phenomenal grades during his undergraduate career at the University of Dayton. Paul graduated Summa Cum Laude this past December.
Paul said part of his success came from surrounding himself with like-minded people, which includes his dad. “Not only does his love for dentistry inspire me, but also his commitment to continue learning and improving. If he is not working directly at the office to help people in need of dental care, he is often attending lectures across the country or at home listening to online presentations and videos learning about better dental techniques,” he said.
Marquette Dental School is one of the top rated dental schools in the country. The school enrolls only 100 freshman each year, 50 Wisconsin residents and 50 non-residents. Paul went through a rigorous application process, including multiple interviews, in order to be accepted. When asked why he chose Marquette Paul said, “Marquette’s commitment to education is excellent, but their commitment to the patients that come in everyday in each of their clinics is what really sets them apart. I visited many schools around the country which have undoubtedly great programs and research, but throughout a whole day of interviewing at them, none stressed a commitment to patient care like Marquette.
The entire Stamas dental team is thrilled to have Paul join the practice in just four short years. When asked what he’s most excited about Paul said, “I know that Marquette’s four year program is going to be very difficult, but I am excited to learn as much as possible before joining my father when I am done. It has been my dream to work alongside my father, and I am thrilled that it is becoming real.”
Congratulations, Paul! We are all so proud of you and your accomplishments!
November 10, 2015
Our holiday food drive is under way. We are collecting non-perishable food items and hygiene items (like shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc) until December 14. All donations will help the Oconomowoc Food Pantry. Every person who donates will receive an entry to win a Marcus Majestic gift card!
Thank you for your help and participation.
October 6, 2015
As the season begins to change into fall and winter, we would like to remind you the importance of maintaining consistent professional dental care as well as good oral hygiene at home.
– Students (and adults) may compalin of headaches, toothaches, or jaw pain. This could be TMJ issues, pain from impacted or erupting wisdom teeth, or tooth decay. We have a highly advanced device to detect TMJ issues – ask for your free TMJ scan at your next visit.
– Cavities should be filled promptly to avoid any further dental issues including infection or increased areas of decay. Cavities in baby teeth are no exception – untreated decay in baby teeth can lead to infection, white spots on adult teeth, or loss of enamel.
– Our office sells Sonicare Toothbrushes that we highly recommend for those people who may have trouble brushing their teeth or who want a deeper, more thorough clean.
– We offer “whitening for life”. Custom trays are made and pati ents are given whitening gel if regular hygiene appointments are maintained.
– With the holidays approaching, it is important to remember to floss and brush to eliminate the increased risk of decay from sugary treats.
Again, our office is dedicated to providing you with the best care possible. Please let us know we can serve you and your family better.
May 11, 2015
This summer my staff and I are committed to making our patients aware of the benefits of good oral hygiene and consistent quality dental care.
We are committed to educating our patients on the risks and causes of gum disease, oral cancer, tooth decay, and bone loss; and the benefits of fluoride treatments, sealants, fillings, and other restorative work.
We strive to make the services we provide accessible and affordable because we truly care about your health and the health of your family members and friends.
The overall health of your body is directly linked to the health of your mouth and that is why it’s important to maintain regular cleanings and check-ups. We are dedicated to to providing you with the best care possible.
Yours for dental health,
Dr. Tom A. Stamas